Plagued by limited customer touchpoints and slow response times, the bank has since hit record sales and growth figures.
One of the largest banks in Malaysia, AFFINBANK, has transformed its customer experience (CX) capabilities for a digital audience by realizing its vision delivering omnichannel communications.
With this phase of digitalization, the bank has been able to lower its operational costs, improve it telesales capability by 50%, and reduce the average call abandonment rate by 40%.
Now, AFFINBANK offers customers to engage with the bank via seamless, easy-to-use digital channels, including email, web chat, and social media, in addition to traditional phone calls. This has enabled the bank to efficiently manage support experiences, creating opportunities to improve customer service and deepen relationships.
Before and After
Before the implementation of its omnichannel communications platform, the AFFINBANK Call Centre relied solely on voice channels. This limited the ability of the bank to serve customers across digital channels, impacting the speed and convenience of service. Further, the bank’s ability to retain customers was limiting by the lack of outreach.
Other challenges experienced by the bank included slow issue resolution times by service agents, causing customer frustration as well as increasing difficulties in effectively measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
Recognizing the these shortcomings amid growing customer demands, the bank decided to expand its call centre technology to boost interactivity with customers through a wide range of digital channels in order to drive positive and consistent experiences.
After engaging a technology partner to streamline operations, AFFINBANK was able to offer customers many more customer touchpoints through seamless, easy-to-use digital tools. The bank was also able to shorten response times to most enquiries and issues.
Other improvements included:
- Better performance management – Agents were able to monitor their individual performance in real time, allowing them to identify areas for improvement
- Improved efficiency – A single interaction-recording depository with comprehensive search functions allows agents to follow-up on customer cases and maintain continuity across multiple sites or interactions
- Simplified processes – Calls can be easily re-routed without depending on third parties
- Enhanced customer visibility – Customer data can be collected and analyzed for actionable insights to improve CX and retention
- Ranked as one of the best contact centres in Malaysia (by Genesys) with Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network (IPVPN) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) integration
- Elevation of telesales efforts to record highs, by increasing the number of attempts to dial out for marketing purposes using softphone capabilities.
Impactful CX for the digital age
All the call center digitalization enhancements were made on the Genesys Engage platform—a full suite of omnichannel capabilities coupled with an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) self-service solution.
Said Datuk Wan Razly Abdullah Wan Ali, President and Group Chief Executive Officer, Affin Bank Bhd: “The partnership has enabled us to serve our customers more effectively and efficiently. Our industry-leading contact center has moved beyond a mere transactional platform, today representing a conduit for relationship building. By providing a seamless omnichannel experience, we are not only able to interact with customers on their channel of choice, but also deepen our relationship with them through the use of data-driven insights that strengthens our commitment to customer-centricity and personalized service to retain and attract more customers.”
Said Gwilym Funnell, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Genesys Asia-Pacific: “In today’s digital economy, businesses need to be able to seamlessly serve their customer base across multiple channels by accelerating their digital transformation agenda. We look forward to deepening our collaboration with AFFINBANK as it continues to push boundaries and keep in step with evolving market and customer demands in a digital economy.”